Data Integration Kick Off
Objective: Meet your Data Integration Specialist and discuss secure transfer of data from all applicable systems into the Blackboard Communications portal via Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
NOTE: Blackboard is dedicated to helping keep your information secure so please, don’t ever email staff, parent, or student files. These should be shared through the established SFTP site.
- Confirm Systems for Integration. File specifications for each data type can be accessed via: https://dlmaster.parlant.com/specs
- Student Information System
- Review Data Requirements, Authentication Overview, Password Generation Tool, and LDAP
- Discuss data transfer plans using any of the following:
- Data Link: You can use Data Link for scheduling data extraction and transfer to SFTP: Access the DataLink Install and Setup Guide here.
- SFTP: You can also push your data to an SFTP site from your locally installed or hosted database systems.
Tasks to Complete
- Provide Data Integration details
- Install Data Transfer software (own or Blackboard’s in-house)
- Use existing, or create own, queries.
- Send data files and confirm data is coming over
- Set schedule(s) for daily file transfers