Data Kick Off
Objective: Meet your Data Integration Specialist and discuss secure transfer of data from all applicable systems into the Blackboard Communications portal via Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
NOTE: Blackboard is dedicated to helping keep your information secure so please, don’t ever email staff, parent, or student files. These should be shared through the established SFTP site.
- Discuss data transfer plans using any of the following:
- Data Link: You can use Data Link for scheduling data extraction and transfer to SFTP: Access the DataLink Install and Setup Guide here.
- SFTP: You can also push your data to an SFTP site from your locally installed or hosted database systems. You will be provided the Host Name, Username, and Password. Please let your Data Integration Specialist know if you require assistance.
- Confirm Data Integration Timeline
- Schedule Data Verification Meeting
Tasks to Complete
- Install Data Transfer software (own or Blackboard’s in-house)
- Use existing, or create own, queries.
- Send data files and confirm data is coming over
- Set schedule(s) for daily file transfers